- Pen and paper to record results
- Assistant/Training partner (recommended)
To begin the Rookie Me athlete must remove their clothing and complete this test in their underwear. The equipment of choice for conducting this procedure is a Caliper.
- The Caliper is used to measure the skinfolds in the designated areas on the body as required.
- Pinch the skin in the desired area and use the Caliper to calculate a result.
- Aim to conduct all measurements on the same side of the body – so that the results are consistent.
Nine sites to be tested:
|Test||Skinfold Test Area (Site)||Score|
|1||Abdominal SKINFOLD TEST AREA|
|2||Biceps SKINFOLD TEST AREA|
|3||Calf SKINFOLD TEST AREA|
|4||Chest SKINFOLD TEST AREA|
|5||Midaxillary SKINFOLD TEST AREA|
|6||Subscapular SKINFOLD TEST AREA|
|7||Suprailiac SKINFOLD TEST AREA|
|8||Thigh SKINFOLD TEST AREA|
|9||Triceps SKINFOLD TEST AREA|
|Sum of Totals|
Rookie Me Enter Score
The Rookie Me enter score will be the sum of the above nine (9) skinfold sites, to the nearest millimetre. The athlete can enter this score into the Athlete Profile.
DISCLAIMER: We strongly recommend that you warm up before taking part in any Rookie Me test metric/testing metrics/procedures to avoid injury/injuries, as you are solely responsible for your own health and conduct. Please refer to the Rookie Me T&Cs for more information.
If you require further help or guidance on this testing procedure, do not hesitate to contact the Rookie Me team - we are here to support you so that you can be recognised.